Our 14 ft. high doors allow motor-homes to drive in with ease, and our pull out feature (available on 70, 80, and 90 ft. units) means never having to back out. With wide driveways it’s easy to maneuver your large RVs, and hose hookups at every unit make it a breeze to keep your RV shiny and new looking. You’ll relax knowing that your RV is secure and protected from the elements.
Check out the following tips to keep your RV in perfect condition during a lengthy storage.
1. Drain All Tanks: Drain the fresh water holding tanks as well as the black and grey holding tanks.
2. Drain the Water Heater: Remove the drain plug and open the pressure relief valve. Caution: Do not drain when the water is hot!
3. Remove Food: Even that forgotten bag of unopened chips can attract insects. Food left for long periods of time can become moldy and inedible.
4. Disconnect the Refrigerator and Leave the Door Open: To prevent stale air and condensation, leave the refrigerator door open.
5. Use RV-Approved Non-Toxic Antifreeze: To guard against freezing during cold nights, use RV-approved, non-toxic antifreeze. You don’t want to poison your water. Next you’ll need to pressurize your system. Start with the faucet closest to the water pump and slowly open the hot and cold valves until the antifreeze appears.
6. Remove the Battery and Keep it Charged: Remove the battery and keep it on a charger at home. If you use one of our units, you won’t have to take your battery home; we have electricity available right in the unit to keep your battery charged.
7. Cover External Vents to Prevent Pests: Don’t let your RV become a “home away from home” for pests during an extended storage time.
8. Check the Roof: Repair any holes or damage to your roof.
9. Wash and Wax the Exterior: If you give your RV a coat of wax prior to storage, it will not only look brighter the next time you are ready to use it. Wax also adds a layer of protection during the cold months.
10. Use the Right Cover: If you want to cover your RV, use breathable vent covers that allow for air circulation to prevent mold.