Storing your boat at Palms River Resort is the perfect solution. You don’t have to haul it to the resort every time you want to enjoy a day relaxing on the river, and at the end of the day, think about how nice it will be not to have to haul it back home. Our wide, sectional doors provide easy access for large boats. With our 14ft. high doors you won’t have to put down the awnings on tall boats prior to storing.
When the season is over, here is a list of steps you can take to ensure that your boat is ready for storage until next year.
1. Add a Fuel Stabilizer and Fill the Tank: Fill the tank and add a fuel stabilizer so that you don’t have problems with condensation. This could cause corrosion or worse.
2. Change the Oil: Change your oil filter, flush it out so that no water remains, and add new oil. Water or acids in your oil can corrode the engine.
3. Refresh the Coolant System: To protect your engine from freezing and corrosion, drain the current coolant, flush with water, and fill with fresh antifreeze. Be sure to dilute the antifreeze to specification.
4. Disconnect the Battery: Disconnect your battery and top it off with distilled water. Charge it periodically so that it’s ready to go when you hook it back up to your boat. Connect battery to battery charger.
5. Grease the Steering Mechanism: Grease the steering and control mechanisms so that they will be moving smoothly when it’s time to take your boat out again.
6. Remove the Drive Belts: Before storing your boat, loosen and remove drive belts. They could crack under the stress of being kept under tension for long periods of time.
7. Maintain the Interior of Your Boat: The interior elements of your boat are vulnerable to cold and moisture. Remove electronics prior to storage. If possible, organic fabrics such as canvas and leather should be removed to protect against mold and mildew. Empty water tanks and run antifreeze through the pipes.
8. Clean the Hull and Deck: Clean the hull and deck so that your boat will be spotless and free of trash when you’re ready to put it in the water next season.
9. Wash and Wax the Exterior: Wash your boat and cover the body with a coat of wax. This will prevent rust and is of particular importance if you are using outdoor storage.
10. Use a Cover: Whether storing inside or outside, cover your boat to protect from the elements as well as dust, grime, and moisture.